There were lots of announcements out of Disney’s D23 Expo this week, including Star Wars and Marvel news. So let’s check out some of the headlines from This Week in Geekdom:
COVERGIRL STAR WARS MAKEUP COLLECTION – WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?
This week CoverGirl announced their new Star Wars themed makeup collection that will be released on September 4 to celebrate the release of The Force Awakens in theatres in December. The collection will feature:
- 6 Colorlicious Lipsticks – Dark Purple, Orange-Gold Shimmer, Metallic Red/Berry, Metallic Lilac, Metallic Silver, and a Rose-Gold Metallic Nude.
- 3 Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish – Speed of Light Grey, Nemesis Dark Plum, and Red Revenge.
- 2 The Super Sizer by Lashblast Mascaras – Dark Side in Very Black, and Light Side (Waterproof) in Very Black.
- Each limited edition tube will feature one of ten iconic Star Wars quotes.
Check out more of the collection including unboxing video, product pictures, and ad previews over at Allure.
ORLANDO BLOOM IS WILL TURNER ONCE AGAIN IN PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES
Ten years later, it was announced this week at Disney’s D23 Expo that Orlando Bloom will reprise his role as Will Turner for the fifth Pirates movie. The fifth movie will find Captain Jack Sparrow searching for Neptune’s Trident in order to save himself, and all the other pirates on the high seas. In the process he will go up against Captain Salazar and his ghost crew. Dead Men Tell No Tales is set for release in July 2017. (Via Nerdist)
MARVEL AT DISNEY’S D23 EXPO
Even more news out of Disney’s D23 this week, this time in the form of Marvel announcements. This year Marvel decided to forgo making any big announcements at Comic Con, instead opting for their own event – Disney’s D23 Expo where they officially announced the start of Phase 3 with:
- Doctor Strange – Benedict Cumberbatch sent an update video promising the film would include…”Girls, cars, explosions, astral projection into multiple realms. The usual.” In addition to a video from Cumberbatch, Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige revealed concept art for the movie, including Doctor Strange’s costume. The movie will begin filming in the fall.
- Captain America: Civil War – Kicking things off with a teaser from the movie featuring a first look at Black Panther, the fight for control between Cap and Iron Man is introduced. For a better, more in depth outline of the teaser video check out the full summary here. We also got a peak at the new Civil War logo which is very similar to the logo we got when the movie was announced, check it out below:
BABS TARR OPENS TEMPORARY ETSY PRINT SHOP
Do you love the art from Batgirl of Burnside as much as I do? Well you’re in luck! On Friday Burnside artist/illustrator Babs Tarr put up her temporary Etsy shop featuring awesome prints of your favourite characters – Khaleesi, the Sailor Scouts, SpiderGwen, and more.
My personal favourites, and the ones I’m DYING to add to my own collection are Pinup Babs, Gotham Academy and the Black Canary #2 Variant. If there’s something you like you better be quick! Sadly, the shop is only up for a month.
What news are you excited about? Anything I missed? Let me know in the comments below, and I’ll see you next week!